APRIL 26, 2012
ALMAR by North River Boats of Roseburg Oregon recently constructed and launched a 33’ x 10’ Hybrid R.A.I.V. Force Protection / Patrol vessel. The 33’ Patrol vessel is specifically designed as a Law Enforcement, Force Protection, Anti-terrorism, Patrol and Search & Rescue boat and will be delivered to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Department later this month. This boat is designed to offer effective operations for harbors, ports, coastal waterways and large lakes and rivers throughout the world.
Powered by twin Yamaha 300 hp outboard motors, the 33’ vessel has a cruising speed of approximately 24 knots and a maximum speed of more than 39 knots. A gracious 250 gallon fuel capacity provides for over 250 NM Range. The Wing Hybrid foam / air fender provides for a great boarding platform, increased stability and additional flotation.
Design features and options include:
- Twin Yamaha 4.2L V-6 Offshore 300 hp outboard engines
- 9’ Force Protection style cabin with Diamond Seaglaze windows and doors
- Fully self bailing deck with oversized scupper drains
- Aft towing post
- Adjustable outboard protection / rope guard
- Stand up head compartment with flushing toilet
- HO Bostrom shock mitigating seats
- Darley 2BE 21H - 350 GPM fire fighting system with bow monitor
- Complete electronics suite including:
- Raymarine E120W and E90W displays
- 24” 4kw digital Radar
- GPS and Sounder with thru hull transducer
- Icom & Standard Horizon VHF Radios
- LED Law Enforcement light bar and siren
- FLIR M324CP Thermal Imaging camera
- Length: 33’
- LOA: 38’
- Beam: 10’ 3”
- Bottom: 8’ 3”
- Deadrise: 24°
- Lightship: 10,360 lbs
North River Boats, Inc. is a manufacturer of heavy gauge aluminum recreational and commercial boats located in Roseburg, OR. They build boats ranging from 20’ up to 43’ in length. Popular commercial models include: Sounder, RAIV, Hybrid RAIV, Landing Craft, Cathedral, Seahawk, Pilot and Fire Boats.
North River was also awarded a contract by the U.S. Navy to build (8) 36’ X 10’ Hybrid R.A.I.V. Force Protection - Large vessels. These boats will be powered with twin 250 hp outboard engines, have (4) weapons stations and be capable of providing future ballistic protection. Boats are currently in process with deliveries starting in July 2012.
In addition to these boats, they are also building: (2) 38’ X 12’ Hybrid R.A.I.V. Fire Boats, (1) 38’ X 12’ Pilot Boat, (1) 42’ X 12’ Pilot Boat, (1) 30’ X 10’ Landing Craft Fire Boat, and many other Commercial Vessels.
North River Boats continues to be a leader in the recreational boating market. They have 9 independent dealers located throughout the Northwest and parts of the U.S. New dealer inquiries are always welcome.
North River Boats is in the process of completing a sale of the company which will end the Receivership. Additional information will be available soon regarding this exciting news.
For more information please contact:
North River Boats Inc.